Handmade and exclusive, our lamps incorporate vintage medicine bottles and modern LED's. Signature pieces. Characterful, storytelling items that spark interest at every gathering, Each of our lamps was born of both their materials and a concept. Each item comes with a switched transformer and a card with the full item story.
This piece comprises a rectangular bottle, side mounted, lit from the mounting points and bonded to a dark cherry colored, varnished base, made of organically grown Ukrainian wood. Sidelit with two LED’s of different, complementary color temperatures.
Included with your order:
- Wooden lamp (Base and three bottles)
- Plug in transformer with in-line on/off switch and cable
- Standard European plug (we provide plug adapters, for free, for our customers in the USA, Canada and Japan, just let us know when you order if you require one)
- An informational card about the item, guaranteeing it’s unique status, name, all about its namesake and a photo of it being made in our workshop.
- All our love and care in beautiful packaging!
Dr Elizabeth Blackwell was the first woman to earn a medical degree in the United States when, in 1849, she graduated first in her class from the Geneva Medical School in New York. She was a trailblazer who helped open the medical profession to women.
Born in England but moving to the United States at an early age, Blackwell confronted discrimination throughout her life and helped train subsequent generations of women in the practice of medicine at the New York Infirmary for Women and Children.
When we designed this lamp, we wanted to be able to create something that shows the state of balancing between one’s aspiration to achieve and external forces working against you. This is why it seemingly hangs in the air, unaffected by the force of gravity and glowing almost magically from its hidden light sources. It manages to create a modern yet classical feel; whether off or on, thereby achieving its aims, while still anchored firmly to its roots.